WordPress is an Open Source software system used by millions of people around the world to create beautiful websites and blogs. It is completely customizable by the use of themes and plugins.
Thanks to the great community of contributors and the constant development, WordPress has become a content management system that provides you with tons of features to build and manage your website.
You can use the application to build any type of website: from a small personal blog or business website to fully-featured eCommerce online store or gallery/portfolio website, the possibilities are endless. WordPress is the ideal solution to build your online presence, whether you are a newcomer or you already have some technical experience. As you have a great number of plugins to extend the functionality of your website, with no coding required you can create a professional website in just a few easy steps.
And that’s exactly what we are going to discuss in this training guide. In this guide, we will provide you with detailed information and instructions on how you can use WordPress to build your own website with ease. We will cover different topics like WordPress installation, plugin and theme management, and usability. Also, you will learn how to extend the functionality of your WordPress website and provide your visitors with feature-rich experience.
So let’s get started…
WordPress – An Overview
How to Create and Maintain a WP Site
WP Admin Area – Introduction to WP Dashboard
WP Plug-ins – Introduction & Installation
What, Why, & Hows of WP Salts & Security Keys
Difference Between Posts vs. Pages in WP
Deploying security measures in WordPress
- Basics of WordPress Security
- Why WordPress security is so important?
- Keeping WordPress Updated
- Strong Passwords and User Permissions
- The Role of WordPress Hosting
- WordPress Security in Easy Steps (No Coding)
- Enable Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Move Your WordPress Site to SSL/HTTPS
- WordPress Security for DIY Users
- Limit Login Attempts
- Add Two Factor Authentication
- Change WordPress Database Prefix
- Password Protect WordPress Admin and Login Page
- Disable Directory Indexing and Browsing
- Disable XML-RPC in WordPress
- Automatically log out Idle Users in WordPress
- Add Security Questions to WordPress Login Screen
- Scanning WordPress for Malware and Vulnerabilities
- Fixing a Hacked WordPress Site
Best Drag and Drop WordPress Page Builders
Common WordPress Mistakes to Avoid